We are looking for thinkers, believers & visionaries to join our team to help our clients balance risk and reward through Risk & Regulatory Advisory, Cybersecurity & Privacy, IT Risk & Compliance, and help our clients realize their vision.
Accume Partners is a trusted risk assurance and advisory leader and innovator in delivering integrated solutions to our clients in highly regulated industries. Our firm has strong roots in providing internal audit, regulatory compliance, and risk management services to various sectors in the financial services industry. A few years ago, Accume Partners has added to those services with extensive Cybersecurity and Technology Compliance capabilities. As the level of regulatory and business complexity has surged, so has the need for specialized knowledge and focus. We have organized our firm to achieve that goal providing our clients with deep knowledge, expertise and approaches in the following areas: • Internal Audit • Regulatory Compliance • Technology Risk Management • Dedicated Cybersecurity Practice and Toolset • Incident Response Planning and Cyber-Forensic Team • FFIEC Compliance Software (Risk Director) Through these key areas of focus, we are able to stay in front of change, bring balanced perspectives and the specialized knowledge demanded by today’s banks and financial institutions. That is why our clients view us as the partner of choice, a partner that is truly different from the others. Partnership Matters.
Having the best technical expertise or the best service approach is not enough. We need the best people to complete the equation…people who can share their knowledge and grow with our clients. Accume Partners was founded on a belief in, and a commitment to, its people. The development, advancement and individual success of our talented professionals is vital to our future. We invest in you to ensure our professionals receive the training and mentoring necessary for your career growth. Our success is built on yours.
Our NYC team is seeking experienced BSA/AML internal auditors for upcoming contract and project- based opportunities. We are seeking professionals with experience performing Internal audit, BSA/AML and risk advisory projects for Financial Services clients (Community Banking, Foreign Banking). Projects vary in duration and include travel throughout NYC & NJ based upon client requests and commitments.
- Work individually or as part of a team to provide project execution on BSA/AML internal audit client engagements
- Contribute to strong client relationships through positive client support and sound expertise
- Demonstrate expertise in select area of functional specialty, BSA/AML/OFAC internal audit
- Conduct fieldwork, prepare work papers to support conclusions, discuss findings and observations during client exit meetings
- Prepare written audit reports that will include observations, recommendations and managements response
- Ensure process documentation is adequate and complete; update or develop control documentation and narratives for business processes. Review existing controls to determine validity and effectiveness.
- Provide recommendations for control deficiency remediation plans
- Ensure audits and projects meet all deadlines and is performed within budget
- 8 years of professional services experience related to US banking industry/regulatory agency with BSA/AML audits and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Candidates must have relevant US bank auditing experience and foreign banking, a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple audits or engagements
- Ability to interpret the impact and requirements of new laws and regulations
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and speaking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft PC software and applications
- Professional Certifications such as CAMS, CIA, CRCM, CFSA, CPA, etc. preferred
- Experience in international bank, regulatory agency or a Big 4 firm is preferred
- Ability to commute to client site and availability for up to 20% overnight travel as needed
Accume Partners is a trusted risk assurance and advisory leader and innovator in delivering integrated solutions to our clients in highly regulated industries. Our firm has strong roots in providing internal audit, regulatory compliance, and risk management services to various sectors in the financial services industry. A few years ago, Accume Partners has added to those services with extensive Cybersecurity and Technology Compliance capabilities. As the level of regulatory and business complexity has surged, so has the need for specialized knowledge and focus.
Having the best technical expertise or the best service approach is not enough. We need the best people to complete the equation, people who can share their knowledge and grow with our clients. Accume Partners was founded on a belief in, and a commitment to, its people. The development, advancement and individual success of our talented professionals is vital to our future. We invest in you to ensure our professionals receive the training and mentoring necessary for your career growth. Our success is built on yours.
The Manager, IT Audit within the Technology Risk, IT Audit & Cybersecurity practice based in the South Region assists in the development and expansion of the Technology Assessment Services practice and responsible for maintaining effective client relationships, client retention, developing and mentoring staff, managing effective operations and business development activities extending across a large geography. Candidate must be able to work both independently and collaboratively, shift quickly and effectively to meet changing business requirements, integrate regional company culture with the broader Accume, and effectively leverage company resources dispersed widely across business units and other geographic regions.
- Delivers IT Audits for the South Region, following the Accume work program, documentation and deliverable standards established by the company.
- Performs 2nd review on IT Audits performed by other professionals in the South region, using the quality standards established by the company.
- Ensures operations are running effectively and well-integrated, managing resources, effective follow up and status notation on projects, collection and validation of client-delivered materials; prompt delivery of onsite observations followed by draft/final reports, and the effective tracking and oversight of new sales cycles for prospects, as well as cross sell and upsell activities.
- Develops existing team members through effective coaching, support, deliverable review, feedback and mentoring; draws on broader resources of the company to deliver services to the region.
- Effectively develops and maintains client relationships within the South region ensuring high quality deliverables and service are provided along with exceptional client satisfaction. Introducing additional service offerings and cross selling other Accume services responsive to the changing requirements of the client base and market along with developing new clients in the South Region.
- Client service and human resource focus, along with presentation, communication, and consulting skills are critical to achieve success in this position; effectively interfacing with executive level business leadership, as well as, line level technical staff.
- Practical experience communicating IT audit, compliance and technology concepts and functions to non-technical members of the clients and Accume client leadership teams, in addition to the ability to translate business objectives to technical teams is required.
- Consulting and client management experience is required to effectively and independently manage multiple projects and significant complexity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting, desired
- 3-5 years of experience in banking, credit unions or financial services is strongly preferred;
- 5-10 years of experience in delivering IT General Controls, GLBA/FFIEC IT Audits, and/or variations of same; should be experienced with IIA or like standards for audits to follow;
- Advanced knowledge of GLBA, FFIEC IT Examination Guidance and Financial Information Privacy;
- Strong familiarity with Information Technology General Controls and IT General Controls Work programs; demonstrates working knowledge of documenting work papers effectively so that reports are defensible, well documented, and value add;
- Working experience either delivering internal/external vulnerability assessments and penetration tests and social engineering tests or interpreting the results of same;
- Information Security and Information Technology Strategy, Assessment, and Testing;
- Experience with core industry standards such as ISO 17799; NIST Cybersecurity Framework; FFIEC / FDIC/ NCUA IT regulatory framework; CISSP, CISA, and/or CISM Certifications desired;
- Strong documentation and business writing skills are a must;
- Strong verbal and listening skills and a proven ability to call others to take action.
Dependability – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Interpersonal Skills – Listens actively to others, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism. Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
Job Knowledge – Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues. Consistently achieves greater level of expertise in his or her field. Identifies and communicates new business development opportunities.
Productivity – Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well; handles information flow.
Self-Development – Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive learner, takes on tough assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
Teamwork – Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Are you interested but do not see a position that fits?